Visit Hull & East Yorkshire (VHEY) and Flemingate have partnered up to welcome coaches to Beverley seven-days-a-week and strengthen the town’s growing reputation as a coach friendly destination.
The service run by VHEY operates Monday to Friday each week, which meant the town could have been missing out on weekend coach trips and the economic benefits they bring for local businesses.
By linking up with Flemingate, which runs a service for visiting coaches’ that includes the weekend, a comprehensive facility can now be offered for the whole of Beverley.
Both services provide benefits for coach companies and tour operators arranging visits to the town.
The VHEY offer includes:
- free parking in a dedicated car park
- a meet and greet service
- welcome bags for passengers that include a discount vouchers booklet with savings in shops, cafes and restaurants, a Beverley Guide, a Beverley Map, a pen and postcard
- a driver welcome bag, which includes an £8 meal voucher to be redeemed in a participating venue, a drinking beaker, a key ring and a pen
- an opportunity for arranged tours or guided walks
- facility to pre-book group coffee breaks or lunches.
For further information about the VHEY coach offer for Beverley, visit www.visithullandeastyorkshire.com/coach or contact Beverley Tourist Information Centre on (01482) 391672.
Sharron Wilson, tourism marketing officer for VHEY, said: “Since launching this offer in 2015, we have seen a steady increase in the number of coach parties visiting Beverley and a 30% increase in 2016 alone.
“Between 1 January and 11 May 2016, there were five coaches booked compared to 14 for the same period this year. We also saw 67 coaches booked for the Beverley Festival of Christmas in 2016 compared to 50 the previous year.
“More coach parties visiting the town provide real opportunities to boost the local economy. By linking up with Flemingate, we are now able to offer facilities for coaches all week. This firmly puts Beverley on the map as a must-visit destination.”
The Flemingate offer includes:
- free and secure parking, seven-days-a-week
- free secured overnight parking, available on request
- pre-booking facility for coffee, lunch, dinner or the cinema
- a driver welcome bag, including an £8 meal voucher to be redeemed at Riva Lounge, plus a cinema ticket to any film showing at the Parkway Cinema
- passenger welcome bags including a guide to Beverley and a map
For further information about the Flemingate offer, contact the Flemingate office on (01482) 867024, Monday to Friday, 7.30am-4.30pm. Usually 24-hours notice is required on this offer.
Graham Tait, Flemingate Centre Manager, said: “Beverley is rapidly becoming a leading visitor destination and we need to be able to cater for the growing number of tourists attracted to our wonderful market town.
“Beverley has something for everyone with its 13th century minster, open-air markets and superb racecourse, not forgetting its selection of award-winning restaurants, historic pubs and great range of high street and independent shops.
“Flemingate can offer seven-day secure parking for coach parties with welcome packs for passengers and drivers so they can really make the most of their visit to Beverley.”